Thursday 31 May 2012

Real Boys: Please Read


Hey guys,
So, recently, I've been dissatisfied with the standard of boys that I know. Now I'm sure that this is an issue that many girls face, because let's face it: real boys are kind of lame when compared to the amazing boys that we see in movies, books and TV. Real boys never seem to be quite as amazingly attractive, quirky, lovely, funny, charming, chivalrous, or lets be honest, magic. So, here I have compiled a list of books that have male leads that guys could really take some tips from...
~**possible spoilers... I think it's pretty obvious who the main love interest are in the books fairly early on, if not from the blurb, but if you'd rather not know anything about them, or some they're not introduced as possibilities till later in the book, or even for some sequels until the next book, then don't read this...oh, also, some of them aren't even love interests in the books, I just liked them and thought that if I knew them I'd be interested :P ...soz guys who don't want to read...maybe just check out the books titles, read them all then read this? ;D **~
So, here goes:
Anna and the French Kiss (Stephanie Perkins)- Étienne St. Clair
Lola and the Boy Next Door (Stephanie Perkins)- Cricket Bell
Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay (Suzanne Collins)- Peeta Mellark, Gale Hawthorne
Switched (Amanda Hocking)- Finn Holmes, Rhys
Torn (Amanda Hocking)- Finn, Duncan, Tove, Loki
Unearthly / Hallowed (The Same Guys for Both...) (Cynthia Hand)- Christian Prescott, Tucker Avery
Matched / Crossed (again...same guys :P) (Ally Condie)- Xander Carrow, Ky Markham
Cinnamon Girl- This way to Paradise (Cathy Hopkins)- Joe
Paranormalcy (Kiersten White)- Lend
Supernaturally (Kiersten White)- Lend, Jack
Girl Missing (Sophie McKenzie)- Jam
Wings / Spells / Illusions / Destined (whenever I put more than one from now on, you can just understand that they're the same through all three, okay? :P) (Aprilynne Pike)- David Lawson, Tamani 
Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging (Louise Rennison)- Robbie
Between Shades of Gray (Ruta Sepetys)- Andrius Arvydas
Wondrous Strange (Lesley Livingston)- Sonny Flannery
Evernight / Stargazer (Claudia Gray)- Lucas Ross, Balthazar
Carrier of the Mark (Leigh Fallon)- Adam DeRís
Glimmerglass (Jenna Black)- Ethan, Keane
How To Be Popular (Meg Cabot)- Jason, Mark
The Little White Horse (Elizabeth Goudge)- Robin
The Agency- A Spy in the House (Y S Lee)- James Easton
Claire de Lune (Christine Johnson)- Matthew Engle

Okay, so some of those are slightly better example of exemplary fictional guys than others, but they're all good books that everyone should read if they can, and then they'll see how amazing those guys are and then they'll be depressed forevs like I am :P kidding, I'm not actually...I just think guys need to read these for a good example and then step their game up a bit, so guys, who's up to the challenge? ;D
Also, I couldn't remember all of their last names, and after a while I couldn't be bothered to look through the book to find them, but if you read the book, you'll know who I mean :P
The most important two you read are the two top ones by Stephanie Perkins, I have decided that when I get a boyfriend I shall make them read those two (the the third one that's coming out soon- Isla and the Happily Ever After I believe...) so they can see what a real boy is :D
So, that's all, there's another glimpse into my sad existence of falling in love with perfect guys from books so that all real boys seem rubbish in comparison :P
Until next time folks!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment